High Desert Gold Diggers
Minutes for April 2019
The meeting was called to order by President S at 7:01 P.M., followed by the Flag Salute
Introduction of Guests and New Members
Guests: Dennis Montileple, Saresa and Dominic Esparza
New Members: Dennis Montileple
Attendance 18 + 2 guests
President: Shane Brower: See New Business
Vice President: Don Shelton
Secretary: Kris Padrick No Report
Treasurer: Eddie Bennet Current Balance: $2506.50
Member at Large: Steve Nall Not Present
Claims Director: Dennis McCarthy: Make sure if you visit a claim that you let Dennis know.
Grub Stakes Editor: Shane Brower Reminder: The Grub Stakes can be found on the club web site and will no longer be on hard copy.
Sunshine Lady: Kelly Crowford
Membership: Margie Mills Not Present
Raffle and Drawing: John Mills Not Present
Merchandise: Liz reported that she has sold $200.00 in merchandise and thanks to all club members for supporting the sales. She is getting new items in which includes bumper sticklers.
Presidents Report: Shane Brower
- Web site is up and running. 32 member invites were e-mailed out by To Padrick, at the present only 16 members have responded and have password access to the site. If you are having trouble with the website, notify Shane or Tom.
- March Panning booth in Yucca Valley was successful due to all the club member support and gold donations. Several people stopped by to try their hand at gold panning and were very surprised to see what real gold looked like in the pan.
- The weather is warming up and now is the time to start thinking about safety issues. The snakes are becoming more active and with all the rain it is predicted that we are in for a bumper crop. Watch where you are walking. Make sure you have plenty of water on hand when out in the desert and keep hydrated!!! Never go out alone. If you do, make sure someone knows where you are going and when you will return. Call them to let them know you have arrived home safely.
- Speaker for the May meeting is Greg Vilas. Greg s a prospector who is familiar with both gems as well as minerals. He will be giving his insight on his finds in the desert.
- May 19 HDGD Picnic: 2 other clubs (W/PAC and RTE66 will join us for this outing at Red Dog). More to follow.
Next Outing: April 26-28 on GPAA claim in Coolgardie, "Placer Pete". 35*5"30.60"N 117*5"18.14"W
This is a 3 day camping/outing that has a lot of fun planned (dry wash competition, metal detector challenges and much more).
Refreshments: Thank you Shane and Liz for the spaghetti.
May refreshments: Eddie Bennett and Dan Devore
Find of the Month: Leonard Shearer
Door Prize: Joan Eagan
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 P.M.